The front page of the internet, Reddit connects over Reddit brings over 500 million people each
month in our mission to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world.
The Internationalization (i18n) Engineering team focuses specifically in growing Reddit’s presence
in international markets and enabling users to experience community and share interests
relevant to their preferred language, culture, and location. In particular, Reddit has enabled a
native experience across a variety of languages as a core facet of our Localization Program.
The i18n team seeks a Full-Stack Engineer responsible for maintaining and broadening our
localization (l10n) platform. This is a contract position that will collaborate closely with our i18n
Engineering team and Localization Program team to plan, implement, test, and maintain tooling
that facilitates a smooth, predictable, and high-quality localized experience for our users.
What you’ll do:
● Harden our localization pipeline to ensure that source content can be reliably delivered
and retrieved from our translation platform on a fully-automated basis
● Provide ad hoc support to ensure adherence to localization SLAs, including translation
turnaround and pipeline uptime
● Collaborate with partner engineering teams to facilitate a high-quality localized
experience for their respective product surfaces
● Partner with our Localization Program in planning and executing strategic roadmaps for
growing our localization platform both in scope and quality
● Build tooling to enable high-quality localization via QA scripting, triage/reporting
automation, and l10n testing (in conjunction with our Quality Engineering team)
What We Might Expect From You:
● Fluency in one or more general-purpose programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, Go).
● 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
● Experience localizing widely distributed, high-scale services
● Familiarity with Android or web development, in addition to deep knowledge of
● Experience integrating and maintaining translation management systems on initiatives
tied to localization goals
● Experience promoting, guiding, and educating teams throughout the company about best
● Experience collaborating with engineers across teams to implement flexible and reliable
Apply to Turing today.
Fill in your basic details - Name, location, skills, salary, & experience.
Solve questions and appear for technical interview.
Get matched with the best US and Silicon Valley companies.
Once you join Turing, you’ll never have to apply for another job.
Create your profile, pass Turing Tests and get job offers as early as 2 weeks.