A clear and comprehensive PostgreSQL developer job description helps you attract highly skilled engineers to your organization. From building effective databases to maintaining various database codes, a skilled PostgreSQL developer can handle them all. Companies that wish to have developers who can help them in adding new features, and fixing problems must hire the best PostgreSQL developer. In this article, we help you build an in-depth PostgreSQL developer job description template that will help you hire top professionals from across the world.
Company description (3-4 lines)
In this space, you can add a short introduction about your company and describe your work culture as well as unique selling propositions. Tell the candidate what it's like to work with you and why one should join your organization.
We are a motivated and experienced team of top performers who are committed to providing a mutually respectful work environment. At ABC (Company Name), we believe diversity and equal employment opportunities among our teammates are critical to our success as a global business. We provide a collaborative work environment and seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented professionals from a diverse candidate pool across the globe. We are one of the fast-growing companies in “place” and there are a lot of opportunities to grow with us.
PostgreSQL developer job description (4-5 lines)
Clearly mention your requirements along with the tasks that the prospective candidate will do after joining your organization. Be crisp and clear with your objectives so that the candidate knows exactly what to expect from this job opportunity.
The task of a PostgreSQL developer includes building database code, energizing the company’s cloud platform, among others. The candidate will build efficient APIs and work closely with the product managers. They will be required to manipulate datasets when required. They will also sustain the database code in the form of queries, views, and scripts.
PostgreSQL developer job responsibilities (5-8 bullet points)
This is probably the most important section of any job description. Therefore, you should be super clear about the responsibilities associated with the job for which you are looking for a suitable candidate. In a pointed manner, list down all the major responsibilities that you want the candidate to fulfill if they join your organization.
- Coordinate with the developers, managers and leadership teams to build effective databases
- Collaborate with product managers to make sure database code meets demand
- Communicate with front-end developers to define plain yet dynamic APIs
- Keep a check on data structures and quality of data with DBAs
- Integrate and maintain database code in procedures, scripts, queries, and views
Interested in hiring developers 3x faster?
Hire pre-vetted remote developers on Turing
Required skills for PostgreSQL developers (6-8 bullet points)
Under this section, mention all the academic and professional qualifications that a candidate needs to have in order to apply for this role. You should list down all the mandatory technical skills required for this job.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science, IT, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience (//edit according to your requirements) working with PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL support for JSON
- Good Grasp of ETL concepts
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security, and monitoring)
- Strong written and verbal communication along with proven fluency of English
Preferred skills for PostgreSQL developers (5-8 bullet points)
This is an optional section where you can list down any additional skills/requirements that you expect from the candidate.
- Expertise in time-series databases
- Knowledge of message queuing, indexing, and high-performance data concepts
- Familiarity with data structure and algorithms
- Ability to profile databases
- Ability to write database queries and code while maintaining data quality, privacy, and security
Benefits & perks for PostgreSQL developers
This is an exciting section of your PostgreSQL developer job description template. This is where you can list down all the additional benefits/perks that a candidate will get once they join your company.
- Career & growth opportunities
- Better compensation for PostgreSQL developers
- Medical Insurance
- Proactive support
Interested in hiring PostgreSQL developers 3x faster?
Hire pre-vetted remote developers on Turing