A clear and comprehensive front-end developer job description helps you attract highly-skilled engineers to your organization. From defining web page design to executing visual elements, a highly-skilled front-end developer manages them all. Companies that wish to have developers who can help them in bridging the gap between visual designs and their technical implementation must hire the best front-end developers. In this article, we help you build an in-depth front-end developer job description template that will help you hire top professionals from across the world.
Company description (3-4 lines)
In this space, you can add a short introduction about your company and describe your work culture as well as unique selling propositions. Tell the candidate what it's like to work with you and why one should join your organization.
At ABC (Company Name), we are committed to providing a mutually respectful work environment. We believe diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global business. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented professionals from a diverse candidate pool across the world. And we make every effort to make our product, approach, and work culture apparent and bespoke.
Front-end developer job description (4-5 lines)
Clearly mention your requirements along with the tasks that the prospective candidate will do after joining your organization. Be crisp and clear with your objectives so that the candidate knows exactly what to expect from this job opportunity.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced front-end developer to join our developer team. The selected candidate will be liable to build client-faced web applications. The developer must be capable of understanding and transforming customer needs into a functional and engaging digital environment to ensure a great user experience. If you share our passion to create and define interactive web pages, we are happy to hear from you!
Front-end developer job responsibilities (5-8 bullet points):
This is probably the most important section of any job description. Therefore, you should be super clear about the responsibilities associated with the job for which you are looking for a suitable candidate. In a pointed manner, list down all the major responsibilities that you want the candidate to fulfill if they join your organization.
- Create wireframes, mockups, and prototypes of site/app designs and convert them into the real, usable interfaces
- Utilizing multiple markup languages to write web pages
- Perform regular site maintenance and optimization of web pages for maximum speed, scalability, and the best user experience
- Maintain brand consistency
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of Web Designers, Back-end Designers, Project Managers, System Analysts to complete projects
- Maintain technical documentation, including tests, analytics, and troubleshooting
- Bridge the gap between visual designs and their technical implementation
- Troubleshoot website and coding issues where needed
Interested in hiring front-end developers 3x faster?
Hire pre-vetted remote developers on Turing
Required skills for front-end developers (6-8 bullet points)
Under this section, mention all the academic and professional qualifications that a candidate needs to have in order to apply for this role. You should list down all the mandatory technical skills required for this job.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or a relevant field
- At least 2-4+ years (//edit according to your requirements) experience working in front- or back-end development
- Hands-on experience with web markup languages, including HTML5, CSS3
- Knowledge in asynchronous request administration, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Familiarity with responsive and adaptive design
- A clear understanding of graphic design applications, like Adobe Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator
- //Add more details according to your requirements
Preferred skills for front-end developer (5-8 bullet points):
This is an optional section where you can list down any additional skills/requirements that you expect from the candidate.
- Capable of handling multiple projects at once
- Knowledge of basic SEO principles
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Any professional certifications //if required
Benefits & perks for front-end developers:
This is an exciting section of your front-end developer job description template. This is where you can list down all the additional benefits/perks that a candidate will get once they join your company.
- Career & growth opportunities
- Better compensation for front-end developers
- Medical Insurance
- Proactive support
Interested in hiring developers 3x faster?
Hire pre-vetted remote developers on Turing