A clear and comprehensive full-stack developer job description helps you attract highly skilled engineers to your organization. From the user interface to storage management, a skilled full-stack developer can handle them all. Companies that wish to have developers who can help them in creating user-facing software solutions, adding new features, and fixing problems must hire the best full-stack developer. In this article, we help you build an in-depth full-stack developer job description template that will help you hire top professionals from across the world.
Company description (3-4 lines)
Add a short introduction about your company and describe your work culture as well as unique selling propositions. Tell the candidate what’s it like to work with you and why one should join your organization.
We, at ABC (Company Name), are committed to providing a mutually respectful work environment. We believe diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global business. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented professionals from a diverse candidate pool across the world. And we make every effort to make our product, approach, and work culture apparent and bespoke.
Full-stack developer job description (4-5 lines)
Clearly mention your requirements along with the tasks that the prospective candidate will do after joining your organization. Be crisp and clear with your objectives so that the candidate knows exactly what to expect from this job opportunity.
We are looking to hire a full-stack developer to engineer our smart software solutions. The selected candidate will be part of a cross-functional team, which is responsible for the entire software development life cycle. The candidate is required to be well-versed in both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks, and third-party libraries. Also, the candidate needs to be a team player with a clear understanding of visual design utility and limitations.
Full-stack developer job responsibilities (5-8 bullet points)
This is probably the most important section of any job description. Therefore, you should be super clear about the responsibilities associated with the job for which you are looking for a suitable candidate. In a pointed manner, list down all the major responsibilities that you want the candidate to fulfill if they join your organization.
- Conceptualize, design, and build web applications by turning wireframes into effective codes
- Work through the complete software development lifecycle, from scratch to launch
- Design user-based interactions through an impactful front-end architecture framework
- Develop functional databases, applications, and servers
- Code for various platforms to ensure functionality across multiple channels
- Develop and design RESTful services and APIs
- Manage database administration and hosting responsibilities
- Troubleshoot issues and solve problems where needed
- Collaborate across time zones via GitHub comments, documents, video conferences as required
Interested in hiring full-stack developers 3x faster?
Hire pre-vetted remote developers on Turing
Required skills for full-stack developers (6-8 bullet points)
Under this section, mention all the academic and professional qualifications that a candidate needs to have in order to apply for this role. You should list down all the mandatory technical skills required for this job.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or anything specific field that you prefer
- At least 3-5+ years (//edit according to your requirements) of experience in building large-scale software applications
- Knowledge of back-end languages (Python, C#, PHP) and their libraries
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms
- Familiarity with database technologies such as MySQL, Oracle, and MongoDB
- //Add more details according to your requirements
Preferred skills for full-stack developers (5-8 bullet points)
This is an optional section where you can list down any additional skills/requirements that you expect from the candidate.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools, like Git, SVN, and Mercurial
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Fascination with learning new tools, languages, philosophies, and workflows
- Any professional certifications //if required
Benefits & perks for full-stack developers
This is an exciting section of your full-stack developer job description template. This is where you can list down all the additional benefits/perks that a candidate will get once they join your company.
- Career & growth opportunities
- Better compensation for full-stack developers
- Medical Insurance
Interested in hiring developers 3x faster?
Hire pre-vetted remote developers on Turing