A clear and comprehensive Python developer job description helps you attract highly skilled engineers to your organization. From assisting front-end developers to building high-performing, responsive web applications, a skilled Python developer can handle them all. Companies that wish to have developers who can help them in developing back-end elements, managing the data interchange between the server and the users must hire the best Python developers. In this article, we help you build an in-depth Python developer job description template that will help you hire top professionals from across the world.
Company description (3-4 lines)
In this space, you can add a short introduction about your company and describe your work culture as well as unique selling propositions. Tell the candidate what it's like to work with you and why one should join your organization.
At ABC (Company Name), we are committed to providing a mutually respectful work environment. We believe diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global business. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented professionals from a diverse candidate pool across the world. And we make every effort to make our product, our approach, and our work culture apparent and bespoke.
Python developer job description (4-5 lines)
Clearly mention your requirements along with the tasks that the prospective candidate will do after joining your organization. Be crisp and clear with your objectives so that the candidate knows exactly what to expect from this job opportunity.
We are looking for a Python developer who will be responsible for building high-performing, responsive web applications. An ideal candidate should be highly adept at writing clean, testable, and scalable code to develop back-end elements, integrate the front-end elements in the application, and manage the data interchange between the server and the users. The developer must have a basic understanding of front-end technologies and work in collaboration with front-end developers.
Python developer job responsibilities (5-8 bullet points)
This is probably the most important section of any job description. Therefore, you should be super clear about the responsibilities associated with the job for which you are looking for a suitable candidate. In a pointed manner, list down all the major responsibilities that you want the candidate to fulfill if they join your organization.
- Design and execute low-latency, high-availability, and high-performing applications
- Develop reusable, efficient, testable, and scalable code
- Integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic in collaboration with front-end developers
- Integrate data to turn them into insights to drive better and faster decision-making
- Work on existing databases to enhance functionality
- Manage and create documentation for tools, strategies, and data pipelines
- Actualize security and data protection
- Coordinate with internal engineering and development teams to understand requirements and develop solutions
Interested in hiring developers 3x faster?
Hire pre-vetted remote developers on Turing
Required skills for Python developers (6-8 bullet points)
Under this section, mention all the academic and professional qualifications that a candidate needs to have in order to apply for this role. You should list down all the mandatory technical skills required for this job.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any closely related discipline
- At least 3+ years (//edit according to your requirements) work experience in any Python web framework, like Django, Flask, or Pyramid
- Deep understanding of multi-process (define, design, and create) cloud architecture projects and the threading limitations of Python
- Expertise in server-side templating languages, like Jinja 2 and Mako
- Hands-on experience in data integration from multiple sources and databases
- Strong communication, organizational and analytical skills
- //Add more details according to your requirements
Preferred skills for Python developers (5-8 bullet points)
This is an optional section where you can list down any additional skills/requirements that you expect from the candidate.
- Experience in Agile software development
- Familiarity with ORM libraries
- Knowledge of popular Python libraries and frameworks
- Ability to test and debug tools
- Experience in OOP/functional coding
- Any professional certifications //if required
Benefits & perks for Python developers
This is an exciting section of your Python developer job description template. This is where you can list down all the additional benefits/perks that a candidate will get once they join your company.
- Career & growth opportunities
- Better compensation for Python developers
- Medical Insurance
- Proactive support
Interested in hiring Python developers 3x faster?
Hire pre-vetted remote developers on Turing