A clear and comprehensive CI/CD engineer job description helps you attract highly skilled developers to your organization. From the deployment of applications to bridging the gap between development and operational activities, a skilled CI/CD engineer can handle them all. Companies that wish to have developers who can help them in portraying the progress in automation, adding new features, and fixing problems must hire the best CI/CD engineers. In this article, we help you build an in-depth CI/CD engineer job description template that will help you hire top professionals from across the world.
Company description (3-4 lines)
In this space, add a short introduction about your company and describe your work culture as well as unique selling propositions. Tell the candidate what it's like to work with you and why one should join your organization.
We are a motivated and experienced team of top performers who are committed to providing a mutually respectful work environment. At ABC (Company Name), we believe diversity and equal employment opportunities among our teammates are critical to our success as a global business. We provide a collaborative work environment and seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented professionals from a diverse candidate pool across the globe. We are one of the fast-growing companies in “place” and there are a lot of opportunities to grow with us.
CI/CD engineer job description (4-5 lines)
Clearly mention your requirements along with the tasks that the prospective candidate will do after joining your organization. Be crisp and clear with your objectives so that the candidate knows exactly what to expect from this job opportunity.
We are one of the top US Hi-Tech leaders looking for an extensively experienced CI/CD engineer. The Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) engineer will be responsible for building, maintaining, and scaling infrastructure for Production The successful candidate will join our excellent team of engineers who formulates solutions to the most intricate problems.
CI/CD engineer job responsibilities (5-8 bullet points)
This is probably the most important section of any job description. Therefore, you should be super clear about the responsibilities associated with the job for which you are looking for a suitable candidate. In a pointed manner, list down all the major responsibilities that you want the candidate to fulfill if they join your organization.
- Improve CI/CD tools integration/operations, and full automation of CI/testing
- Develop, scale, and control strategies, standards, guidelines, governance of Continuous Integration systems
- Join the ongoing design, implementation, and preservation of systems and tools across the cloud stack
- Collaborate with internal development and QA teams to help ensure end-to-end quality
- Write and maintain documentation infrastructure
- Troubleshoot issues along the CI/CD pipeline
- Work directly with the third-party vendors to fix infrastructural issues
Interested in hiring CI/CD engineers 3x faster?
Hire pre-vetted remote developers on Turing
Required skills for CI/CD engineers (6-8 bullet points)
Under this section, mention all the academic and professional qualifications that a candidate needs to have in order to apply for this role. You should list down all the mandatory technical skills required.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related fields
- 3-5+ years of experience (//edit according to your requirements) in CI/CD engineering experience with a different skillset
- Vast working experience on SVN, GIT, Udeploy, and Jira tools
- Hands-on experience in installing, configuring, operating, and monitoring CI/CD pipeline tools
- Experience in excerpting metrics and results from CI/CD security tools
- Knowledge in installing, configuring, operating, and monitoring software security pipeline tools
- Strong knowledge of popular cloud computing platforms
- Strong understanding of network essentials and system administration exposure
- //Add more details according to your requirements
Preferred skills for CI/CD engineers (5-8 bullet points)
This is an optional section where you can list down any additional skills/requirements that you expect from the candidate.
- Experience with continuous deployment
- Familiarity with large scale data processing tools
- Good communication skills and sound analytical skills
- Experience in Agile software development systems
- Any professional certification//if required
Benefits and perks for CI/CD engineers
This is an exciting section of your CI/CD engineer job description template. This is where you can list down all the additional benefits/perks that a candidate will get once they join your company.
- Career & growth opportunities
- Better compensation for CI/CD engineers
- Medical Insurance
Interested in hiring developers 3x faster?
Hire pre-vetted remote developers on Turing