Top 10 NPM Packages for Node JS Developers
What are the best NPM packages? What are five of the most popular Node js package modules? What package does Node js use? What is the most used NPM package?
Looking for answers to these questions? Keep reading.
Node js can handle huge traffic while maintaining seamless performance. As a result, some major tech companies and new-age startups have adopted Node js to scale their businesses.
Node is the market leader in asynchronous frameworks due to its popular demand. And apparently, Node isn’t slowing down anytime soon.
Starting with Node js is pretty straightforward. Clear guidelines exist and hundreds of projects are available on GitHub for developers to read, review and analyze.
Also, Node js has the most popular package manager – NPM. NPM is the default package manager for the JS runtime environment Node js. Thanks to the modules and libraries available through the NPM package manager, creating a website takes only a few minutes.
Developers love these NPM packages and use them extensively in web development. However, they also get overwhelmed because there are thousands of packages. So, here is a list of the top 10 NPM packages for Node js developers.
10 Most Popular NPM Packages
ExpressExpress.js is the simplest and fastest Node.js web framework. This framework was designed to be flexible enough to produce single-page apps, multi-page apps, and hybrid apps for desktop and mobile devices.
Express’s architecture is compact and provides great performance. Express is the most popular Node js framework for developing online apps and APIs, and solid tooling for HTTP servers. Other popular Node js frameworks Sails, Hapi, and Nest js are based on Express.
Features of Express js
- Robust routing
- Focus on high-quality performance
- Super high test coverage
- HTTP helpers (such as redirection and caching)
- Content negation
- Executable for developing apps and APIs
AsyncAsync or Asynchronous is widely used in Node js to ensure that development actions do not stall. Other processes can proceed even before the first action is completed thanks to asynchronous I/O.
Also, Async monitors workflow via queues, allowing developers to add extra tasks, extra callbacks, and manage failures with callbacks. As a result, Async is more versatile and reliable for managing complicated dependencies.
Async js provides functions like ‘map’, ‘filter’, ‘reduce’, ‘parallel’, ‘series’, ‘waterfall’, and ‘each’.
Features of Async
- Async supports inline functions and text strings.
- Error handling from the dependency queue.
- The use of AsyncLocalStorge within Async js creates asynchronous states within callbacks and promise chains.
- A collection of Async functions controls the flow through the script.
- Async helps developers avoid memory leaks.
- Async helps developers integrate AsyncResource with EvenEmitter.
- Async supports asynchronous functions.
With Lodash, developers can utilize a single line of code instead of writing a common function multiple times.
Also, Lodash makes Node js coding easier by taking the hassle out of working with common programing functions such as arrays, objects, numbers, strings, dates etc.
Features of Lodash
- Keep the Node js code minimal and neat.
- Developers only need to remember Lodash functions. This action makes coding easier.
- New developers can understand Lodash quickly.
CloudinaryIf you’re looking for a way to manage the photos in your web application, Cloudinary is a great place to start. Cloudinary is a full-fledged cloud service with many useful features.
From uploading visual content to resizing photographs and cropping options, Cloudinary has it all. Cloudinary is user-friendly enough so both new developers and experts can benefit from it.
API allows developers to seamlessly incorporate Cloudinary into any project or application. However, they will need to sign up for a free account to try Cloudinary.
Cloudinary’s official website has all of the additional information about its use, setup, configuration, embedding, and more.
Features of Cloudinary
- Remote fetch, auto-backup, and revision tracking.
- Image and video transformations.
- Video transcoding and adaptive streaming.
- High-performance delivery through a CDN.
- Support for forums, tickets, and email.
- Access to free add-ons.
AxiosAxios is an HTTP client API framework that allows developers to make promises while making a request. Requests communicate with the server, and Axios responds with a promise as to whether your request was fulfilled or refused.
Among many developers, Axios is gaining a lot of traction, thanks to Axios-fetch, Axios-debug-log, Axios-mock-adapter, Axios-API-versioning, Axios-VCR, and other powerful third-party additions.
Axios can handle GET, POST, DELETE, and PUT requests.
Features of Axios
- Allows developers to make simultaneous requests.
- Axios supports promised base requests.
- Transforms responses and requests to JSON data.
- Requests and responses to interceptions.
- Support HTTP requests for Node js apps
- Supports HTTP requests from the browsers.
KarmaNode js developers must test their applications to ensure they are stable, dependable, and perform well. This job requires a Karma package. Karma’s primary goal is to provide a productive testing environment to developers.
Features of Karma
- Tests code in real browsers.
- Tests code in multiple browsers (mobile phones, tablets, and desktops).
- Controls the whole testing workflow from command or IDE.
- Executes tests after every save.
- Executes tests locally during development.
- Executes tests on a continuous integration server.
MolecularMolecular is a Node js microservices library that is fast, modern, and powerful. Molecular helps Node js developers in creating efficient, dependable, and scalable applications.
Features of Molecular
- Molecular uses promise-based solutions.
- Molecular supports event-driven architecture with balancing.
- Molecular supports versioned services.
- Molecular has built-in caching solutions such as memory and Reds.
- Molecular has built-in metrics features with reporters, such as Console, CSV, Datagod, and StatsD.
- Molecular has a built-in service registry and dynamic service discovery.
- Molecular employs a request-reply concept.
- Molecular has fault tolerance features such as Fallback, Timeout, Retry, Bullhead, and Circuit Breaker.
GruntWith a task runner, Grunt developers can reduce the number of tasks required to maintain a project, automate minifications, compile jobs, testing, code linting, and other duties.
Features of Grunt
- Grunt has a plethora of plugins that can automate even the most monotonous jobs.
- Grunt allows developers to publish Grunt-specific plugins through NPM.
PM2For most Node js users, process management is a top concern.
PM2 includes process management for production applications and a load balancer to assist with performance adjustments.
PM2 allows developers to keep their applications online indefinitely. This step allows developers to reload applications without experiencing any downtime.
Features of PM2
- Behavior configuration
- Container Integration
- Watch & Reload
- Log management
- Max memory reload
MochaMocha is a feature-rich JS test framework that runs on Node js and the browser, making asynchronous testing simple and enjoyable.
Mocha tests are executed sequentially, allowing flexible and precise reporting while mapping uncaught exceptions to the appropriate test cases.
Features of Mocha
- Multiple browser support.
- Simple async support, including promises.
- Test coverage reporting.
- String diff support.
- Auto-detects and disables coloring for non-TTYs.
- Async test timeout support.
Related post: 12 Best Node js Frameworks for 2022
If you are an experienced Node js developer who wishes to work on challenging projects with major US-based tech companies, visit Turing.com.
With Turing, you can apply to remote US software jobs from the comfort of your home. Also, you can join a network of the world’s best developers and get full-time, long-term remote software jobs with solid compensation and career growth.
- What are the best NPM packages?
Here is the list of most popular NPM Packages:
- How many packages are there in NPM?
Over 1.3 million packages are available in the main NPM registry.
- What is the NPM package in Node JS?
- How do NPM packages work?
NPM install is a command that downloads a package. NPM install can be used with or without parameters. NPM install downloads dependencies defined in a package.json file and creates a node module folder with the installed modules when called without parameters.
Tell us the skills you need and we'll find the best developer for you in days, not weeks.