Five Popular Web Development Frameworks to Watch Out for in 2023
Websites are essential for organizations to have a visible online presence. The best way to attract new customers or clients is to create engaging and intuitive websites. One way to accomplish this is by selecting the right web frameworks.
Frameworks for web applications include components, code snippets, and templates. These frameworks help you create online apps and websites for your projects. In addition, they also help create web services, application programming interfaces (APIs), and other web resources.
Client-side and server-side frameworks are the two most common forms of development frameworks. While client-side frameworks deal with the user interface, a server-side framework works behind the scenes to guarantee that the website runs smoothly.
This post takes you through the five most popular web frameworks to consider in 2023.
Popular Web Frameworks: React
- Software developers can use React for building applications for multiple interfaces like mobile OS, Websites, and SmartTV OS.
- The framework is used with other libraries from the React Ecosystem to create end-to-end applications.
- React offers the best rendering and is also SEO-friendly.
Popular Web Frameworks: Vue.js
An ex-Google engineer developed the versatile Vue.js framework in 2014. Vue lets you integrate several third-party applications. It uses one-way and two-way data binding.
- Vue.js offers end-to-end app development functionality.
- Vue.js offers two-way data binding like Angular and event sourcing like React.
- Vue.js is a community-driven initiative.
Popular Web Frameworks: Ruby on Rails
Ruby on Rails is a dynamic web application framework ideal for creating high-performance mobile apps. Ruby on Rails is ten times faster than Java-based frameworks, according to David Heinemeier Hansson – the creator of Ruby on Rails.
It’s one of the most preferred backed frameworks because it comes with everything you need to build a database-driven program. GitHub, Airbnb, Groupon, Shopify, and Hulu are a few of the many websites that use Ruby on Rails.
- First web framework to focus on developer experience. Ruby on Rails is known for its breakneck development velocity.
- It is a server-side rendered framework.
- This web framework focuses on innovative concepts like Convention over Configuration (CoC) and Don’t Repeat Yourself (DRY).
- Ruby supports MVC architecture along with Reactive Programming.
Web Framework: Spring
Spring is an open-source Java platform preferred by millions of developers. As a framework, Spring helps developers build high-performing applications which are reusable and easy to use.
The first version of the framework was released in 2003. Initially written by Rod Johnson, Spring has seen notable improvements in its updates and versions. In its last major update, Spring built the version with Reactive streams, which helps to standardize asynchronous stream processing. Some of the biggest names like Accenture, MIT, Indeed, Zalando have included Spring in their tech stacks.
- Spring is a collection of sub-frameworks or layers built on the concept of MVC (Model View Controller).
- Uses new techniques like AOP (Aspect Oriented Programming), POJO (Plain Old Java Object), and DI (Dependency Injection) to build robust applications.
- Spring is a lightweight and transparent framework that simplifies building enterprise applications without using EJBs.
- Enables developers to use persistence data throughout the application building process.
Popular Web Frameworks: Django
Django is a dependable backend web development framework that helps build a solid online application. It employs the DRY pattern as well as the Convention over Configuration principle. In addition, Django offers developers tools to create secure websites.
It’s ideal for dealing with tight schedules and the demanding needs of seasoned developers. Django applications are incredibly scalable, quick, flexible, and secure. Pinterest, Disqus, YouTube, Spotify, Instagram, and other well-known companies utilize Django.
- The framework comprises server-side rendered Model Template View (MTV) architecture.
- Django offers Rapid Application development – It lets you build a complex website quickly .
- Works easily on the largest ecosystem in the industry – Python.
- Third-party apps and plug-ins are easily usable, thus offering the best extensibility among other web frameworks.
Special mention: Angular
Yet another popular framework on this list is Angular.
Google released Angular—an end-to-end, Client-Side web framework in 2016. It is an open-source web framework built on TypeScript. Angular helps to create large, well-functioning web apps.
Angular’s framework is enterprise-friendly, and hence many organizations prefer it over other options. As a result, Angular developers are in high demand worldwide. Lego, PayPal, Netflix are a few popular websites that use Angular.
- Offers two-way Data Binding, Convention over Configuration (CoC), and Dirty Checking.
- Angular is the most secure client-side web framework with features like DOM sanitation.
- Focuses on stability and robustness, which are valuable for enterprise app development.
- Specializes in building single-page applications.
Web frameworks play a vital role in building and high-performing web applications. Using frameworks that are tried and tested by thousands of developers is an excellent way to create robust and interactive web apps.
We hope the insights shared in this post help you find the best framework for your project. If you’re a brilliant software developer, Turing can help you find the most in-demand web development projects suitable to your expertise. Work for Top US companies from the comfort of your home with unparalleled compensation and long-term career growth. Visit our Jobs page to know more!
If you’re a company looking to hire remote software developers, Turing has got you covered. Turing.com simplifies hiring for start-ups and enterprises by connecting them with Silicon Valley caliber talent and helps organizations to spin up the best engineering team. Visit the Hire page to learn more!
Tell us the skills you need and we'll find the best developer for you in days, not weeks.