WordPress Development: Here’s What You Should Know
WordPress is an excellent open-source platform. It is the simplest and most popular way for businesses to create quality websites. WordPress development is the building and maintenance of WordPress websites.
As of 2022, there are around 1.3 billion websites on the internet. Out of these, there are currently 708 million sites that use WordPress. With over 2 million downloads every year, this number is expected to grow exponentially.
Though WordPress development was initially only meant for blogging and online publishing, businesses can adapt WordPress to build various websites.
Let’s learn why so many websites choose WordPress over other alternatives.
What is WordPress?
In technical terms, WordPress is an open-source content management system (CMS) licensed under General Public License (GPLv2) — this essentially means that anyone can use or modify this tool for free.
From blogging to eCommerce and business websites, WordPress development is exceptionally versatile. It focuses prominently on flexibility and usability and is an excellent solution for companies at every scale, from small businesses and large corporations.
Here are a few examples of the types of websites you can build with WordPress development:
- E-commerce stores
- Membership websites
- Business websites
- Forum websites
- E-learning websites
- Event websites
- Professional portfolios
- Wedding websites
The sky is the limit! There are endless possibilities for what kind of websites you can build with WordPress development. WordPress themes and plugins provide businesses with many design options and added functionalities.
Who is a WordPress Developer?
WordPress developer is an individual who specializes in designing and implementing websites for businesses using the WordPress platform.
They have in-depth knowledge of the infrastructure and ecosystem of this platform and focus their efforts on improving the software or developing new products — WordPress themes and plugins.
It’s common knowledge that WordPress development doesn’t require coding knowledge. However, WordPress developers need to have expert knowledge of building a robust WordPress site to power a business’s needs.
There are three specific types of WordPress developers.
- WordPress Core Developer. These developers specifically work on the back-end operations of the internal WordPress development software. They write code to improve the functionality of the WordPress platform.
- WordPress Theme Developer. Theme developers build custom WordPress themes. These themes could either be for individual clients or released on a third-party marketplace like themeforest.net. They also can share it for free in the WordPress Theme Directory.
- WordPress Plugin Developer. As the name suggests, these developers create custom plugins. Like theme developers, WordPress plugin developers can create plugins for individual clients, release them on third-party websites, or share them for free in the WordPress Theme Directory.
Related Post – 6 Mistakes to Avoid While Hiring Remote Developers
Advantages of WordPress Development
- Ease of use. WordPress is simple to install, use, and manage. While WordPress utilizes several coding languages to build the core platform, you don’t need extensive coding knowledge to work with this platform.
- Free. The software is available for free on WordPress.org. However, you do need to pay to purchase a domain name and web hosting.
- Flexible. You can create a variety of websites with WordPress development.
- Open-source software. No individual company or entity owns WordPress. And thus, it’s available for everyone to use.
- SEO. WordPress makes search engine optimization simple. Businesses can insert header tags and keywords into their website with minimal effort. It also offers several plugins like Yoast SEO that help keep your SEO initiatives in check.
- Extensible. Developers worldwide collaborate and contribute to improving the functionality of the software. These community contributors constantly alter the platform’s landscape and boost its performance. Developers can choose from the sea of theme and plugin options available to them or build their custom themes and plugins.
- Customizable. WordPress development themes are generally customizable. When you work with more advanced WordPress themes, they operate more like page builders and give developers complete control over the website layout and design.
- Support. You can upload images, video, audio, and documents via different formats on the WordPress platform. It supports a range of media types, even the more obscure ones.
- Security. WordPress has a dedicated website security team composed of core software developers and users. WordPress users face most security issues due to an error from their end rather than the WordPress software platform itself.
Related Post – Top 10 Reasons to Hire Ukrainian Developers
So, why hire a WordPress developer?
Businesses prefer to leverage WordPress development to build their official websites. The CMS is hugely popular for its pixel-perfect, customizable themes and added functionalities its plugins offer.
It gives them a platform to test and implement their creative ideas and keep up with the latest technologies and features.
While the platform is one of the most straightforward tools available in the market, you need to find experienced WordPress developers to create and maintain your website.
WordPress developers know how to build a site that has a low bounce rate and works towards effectively garnering more leads. They keep the visitors intrigued with visual aid and implement various add-ons to keep the users engaged with your site.
They also have an in-depth understanding of tracking the effectiveness of your website via tools like Google Search Console and Google Analytics.
You can use Turing’s Intelligent Cloud system to find talented WordPress developers to join your WordPress development team.
With Turing’s specialized vetting process, businesses can source and recruit experienced remote WordPress developers in a matter of days instead of weeks.
You can head over to the Turing Hire page to know more!
Tell us the skills you need and we'll find the best developer for you in days, not weeks.
I discovered your blog while looking for “wordpress development services.” Thank you for providing helpful information that both the client and the inexperienced designer can comprehend. Website development is critical when all your business competitors are present digitally. It is critical to keep your WordPress website user-friendly, eye-catching, and highly scalable.
Thank you for sharing your blog, seems to be useful information can’t wait to dig deep!
Hello thanks for sharing, this is very nice blog and informative. So keep it up and help the visitors.
Thank you for sharing your blog, seems to be useful information.