Tech Jobs Trends: These 10 Cities Are Witnessing a Spike in Tech Jobs!
What are the biggest job trends in 2022? Is there a demand for tech jobs? Will AI jobs be in demand? Let’s look at the tech jobs trend for this month to answer these questions.
Bay Area is not the only hot tech hub. New York and Los Angeles are enjoying a massive tech demand spike.
New York and the Bay Area, which has cities like San Fransisco, have been known to draw a lot of tech talent with many job opportunities. However, a recent report by Comptia.org shows that cities like Los Angeles have also started building tech communities. In July 2022, Los Angeles had more job postings compared to San Fransisco. New York remained at the top position.
Tech jobs trends: Top industries posting tech jobs
Professional, scientific, and technical services posted the highest number of tech jobs. The finance and insurance sector followed in the second position. Other major industries which posted tech jobs in July 2022 were manufacturing, information, retail, etc.
Software engineering jobs: Artificial Intelligence job roles and postings are on a rise
Out of the 159,401 tech jobs posted in July 2022, AI jobs had a good 15 percent share in the total number of job postings. AI jobs have become one of the fastly emerging tech jobs in the industry.
Other key trends in software engineering jobs
- Even in the economic slowdown and a possible recession, the unemployment rate for software engineering jobs is declining continuously. In July 2022, the unemployment rate was 1.7 percent which is lower than the 1.8 percent in June.
- Companies are investing in next-generation initiatives such as Augmented Reality creating more jobs in the domain.
- Even the old-school industries like manufacturing, public administration, educational services, etc., are hiring software engineers to enhance their operations and be future-ready.
- Software developer and engineering jobs remain at the top when it comes to remote or work-from-home tech job postings.
- Tech industry employment crossed the 5 million mark in July 2022.
Despite the looming recession, software engineering jobs, especially remote ones, are steadily growing. The demand for tech talent is on the rise. The tech industry is also focusing on building tech communities in areas other than the Bay Area and New York, which have been the tech hubs for a long time. In addition, the unemployment rate in tech jobs is decreasing at a steady pace. Overall, software engineering jobs will have a stable growth trajectory over the coming time.
Are you looking for remote software engineering jobs at US companies? Try Turing.
Turing can help you get high-paying US remote software jobs from the comfort of your home! Visit the Apply for Jobs page to know more.
Join a network of the world's best developers and get long-term remote software jobs with better compensation and career growth.