After completing a coding boot camp to further your career in a software engineer job, it's time to consider the next step in your professional path. Instead of only looking through job postings in your immediate region, why not broaden your search and look at firms globally that hire for remote software engineer jobs?
Working from home may be a foreign concept to many, but that’s a possibility these days (even when we're not in the grip of a pandemic), particularly for smart software developers.
You'll have more freedom, fewer interruptions, no dress code, and no commute with a remote software job. Furthermore, you'll most likely be able to work when and how you choose - as long as you get your work done, many employers don't mind whether you're online (barring any virtual meetings). After all, if you can engage in and perform at a tough and intense online coding boot camp, why should the job be any different?
Organizations that provide remote software engineering jobs
We reviewed a number of organizations that provide remote software engineering jobs, and our favorites are those who fully embrace remote work culture, provide exceptional or unique perks, and have solid, established corporate principles (including a healthy work-life balance!).
- GitHub: You're undoubtedly aware of GitHub. So why not get a job there? If you wish to be a digital nomad, the software development platform firm provides a plethora of remote work in 18 countries. About half of the company's workers are based in San Francisco (the GitHub headquarters), while the other half work remotely from all over the world.
- MailerLite: MailerLite features a remote-first culture, which implies that half of the staff is based in Vilnius, Lithuania, while the other half works entirely remotely from anywhere around the globe. The company creates sophisticated email marketing solutions that are utilized by several enterprises, freelancers, and start-ups to send over 1 billion emails every month. MailerLite has made a conscious effort to foster a healthy working culture, so you can be confident that you'll be applying to a firm with solid values.
- Mozilla: Around half of Mozilla's 1,100 workers work remotely, so you've come to the ideal place if you're looking for flexibility. The firm, which manufactures the Firefox web browser, provides a wealth of resources for remote software engineer jobs, including a week of cultural onboarding at its Mountain View headquarters and a more experienced "remote buddy" who may serve as a mentor.
- Toggl: Toggl provides time monitoring software, so you'd think the firm would be all about micromanaging its employees — but that's not the case. Toggl is a completely remote corporation with an unusual employment procedure. You can begin by taking a skills exam, followed by a live coding project or homework. If they like what they see, you'll spend three to five days completing (paid) testing before meeting with the CEO. The firm employs around 75 individuals in 30 countries.
- Trello: Maker of project management software, Trello is a subsidiary of Atlassian, with headquarters in New York City. However, due to a business culture that promotes flexibility in remote software engineer jobs, the team's personnel are dispersed all over the world. Trello provides perks including business ownership, vacation time, five days of paid volunteer leave, tuition reimbursement, company-funded travel, a professional development allowance, and more.
- Stack Overflow: Stack Overflow, a big online developer community, offers a remote-first attitude, so you can work from wherever you like. The organization collaborates with companies such as Microsoft, Primer, Runtastic, IMC, and others to assist developers in solving coding challenges and sharing information. You'll get an ergonomic workstation and chair, paid maternity and paternity leave (plus flexibility for up to one year after that), tuition reimbursement, a conference allowance, completely covered health insurance premiums, and $150 per month for fitness reimbursement if you work at Stack Overflow.
- DuckDuckGo: DuckDuckGo is an internet privacy company and is completely distributed with remote software developer jobs stationed all over the world. The organization has a non-traditional employment procedure that includes a phone interview, paid test projects, and more interviews. Because they recognize that the transition to a full-time remote software job might be frightening, you can even work on a part-time internal project to gain full-time remote software job experience at DuckDuckGo before committing to full-time employment. Working at DuckDuckGo includes coworking reimbursement, a flexible work schedule, company-wide hack days, team gatherings, health, and learning benefits, and charity donation matching, to name a few advantages.
- Buffer: Buffer is a completely remote firm with employees in 15 countries, so everyone here knows how to remain connected at work. The only time you'll have to travel is for the twice-yearly business retreats, which are typically held in exotic locations across the world. Buffer creates social networking solutions and works with over 75,000 businesses.
- Amazon: The American e-tailer is a major employer of remote software developers. The firm recruits remote software developers from all around the world. The majority of these technologists work for Amazon Web Services, the company's cloud computing subsidiary (AWS). Amazon employs for the following positions: Front End Developer, remote software developer jobs, and Solutions Architect - Public Sector.
- CrowdStrike: This company is also a global provider of cloud-based security solutions, threat intelligence, and next-generation endpoint protection. During Covid-19, the company's services have witnessed an increase in demand. Remote software developers are needed for the following positions: Senior Cloud Workload Detection Engineer, Senior Linux Sensor, Software Engineer jobs, and Senior Software Engineer - TechOps.
- Twilio: Using web service APIs, the platform as a service is commonly used to make and receive calls and messages. The platform supports VoIP, SMS, and phone services. Twilio's job vacancies post indicates that the company generally looks for remote software engineers for the following positions: Enterprise Solutions Engineer, Senior Delivery and Operations Engineer, and Site Reliability Engineer.
- Twitter: There are about 313 million active users on the microblogging platform. The internet program allows users to communicate with people all around the world. Registered users can send 140-character messages known as 'tweets.' Software Engineer jobs – Python Tech Lead, Senior Software Engineer jobs – Python, and Senior Staff Software Engineer – Onboarding, are some of the remote software jobs posted by Twitter.
What are the best remote software engineering jobs?
If you're in a proficient software engineer job, you may take advantage of a variety of full-time remote software engineer job possibilities to get the freedom—and income—you seek. Most remote work sites outside the US focus on short-term assignments and contracts, but there are websites where you can discover permanent full-time remote software engineering jobs with US tech businesses that pay the same whether you live in Silicon Valley, Bangalore, or someplace else completely.
These positions are great for highly talented engineers who are tired of commuting or who do not want to be tied to a large tech city.
- Coder: If you're seeking a role that will present you with a genuine challenge as well as the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of invention and advancement, you could be meant to be an expert coder. This type of work allows you to expand yourself, polish your talents, and be a driving force in the technological business. In this position, you'll spend your days writing high-quality code to build new things from the ground up. To stand out while applying for comparable employment, you must be able to demonstrate your love for coding as well as your ability to create innovative code from scratch. This will be aided by an exceptional portfolio of previous ventures.
- Mobile Solution Director: The world is becoming more wireless, and positions in the mobile arena may be incredibly satisfying, not to mention quite rich. This position is excellent for a technical mobile solutions specialist who is highly experienced and completely capable of producing a robust user experience based on great architecture and technology. You would be in charge of the company's strategy, vision, and execution of all mobile components. To stand out and be considered for this role, demonstrate competence in mobile development architecture, including hybrid, native, web, and cross-platform alternatives, as well as AWS.
- Principal Solution Architect: Getting a job as a senior solutions architect for a cutting-edge software firm that only recruits the finest and brightest is one method to achieve extraordinary professional success. Companies seeking candidates for this position are not looking for mediocrity or ordinary skill. They develop cutting-edge solutions and seek individuals who are unafraid of disrupting the existing quo. Being an AWS Certified Solution Architect and proficiency in at least one additional language are important qualifications for this profession.
- Front-end Developer: There are a lot of opportunities for a talented developer to earn more income in a software remote job. This post is suited for a mid-level developer with a keen eye for detail and design, a passion for creativity and intuitive development, and the abilities and experience to carry out the role efficiently without direct supervision. Gain expertise in areas other than the typical development sphere to bring distinct components to the table if you want to land a job of this sort. Experience with UI design libraries, for example, or with the Azure cloud, can help you stand out.
- Cloud Operations Engineer: There are several possibilities for people with skills in Cloud engineering to join a global software firm. Roles like these are ideal for the forward-thinking trouble shooter who thrives on a challenge and enjoys managing very complex systems. They provide the chance to be responsible for the upkeep of a successful worldwide SaaS infrastructure. If you want to stand out while applying for a post like this, make sure you have demonstrated expertise with shell scripts and consider acquiring an AWS Solutions Architect or AWS SysOps Administrator certification.
- Senior Technical Consultant: Technical consultant employment is another excellent form of remote opportunity, particularly for people with extensive expertise. Roles like this are ideal if you're a seasoned IT consultant with a true knack for customer-facing assistance. You'd be in charge of constantly pushing process improvement while identifying fundamental causes of problems. If you want to stand out when applying for a post like this, invest in hands-on cloud development experience, team leadership experience, and competence in designing and delivering enterprise-grade SaaS applications.
With more organizations shifting to hybrid or remote-first teams, there is a lot of room for growth in the IT industry. Many new roles are actively seeking remote software developers, rather than simply including "work from home" as a perk.
If you want to make more income, there are jobs available for a diverse range of skills and degrees of expertise. If you want to make significant earnings, though, you must focus on creating creativity in your work and a portfolio of successful projects.
Turing can help you find the greatest engineering jobs in the United States
Turing is a Palo Alto-based 'deep' jobs platform that enables competent software developers to work from home for top US firms. Turing seeks remote software engineers with expertise in React/Node, Python, Angular, Swift, React Native, Android, Java, Rails, Golang, PHP, Vue, and other technologies. In addition, we hire engineers based on technical roles and seniority.
Following the submission of your CV, you will be asked to complete three tests: a seniority evaluation, a tech stack exam, and a live coding challenge. After passing these exams, you will be able to apply for a range of jobs based on your skills.
What distinguishes Turing from other sites?
While it's easy to confuse Turing with a freelancing service, the two are vastly different. Turing, unlike other freelance services, assists developers in creating their ideal careers by employing AI to find situations where they can thrive! And they are all full-time, long-term remote software jobs with large US corporations. While this is the most significant contrast between Turing and other employment platforms, there are a few other features that distinguish Turing.
Turing does not require you to seek clients, write a resume, or advertise yourself on your own. Turing will put in the maximum effort in bringing these opportunities to you and supporting you in being employed. Once you have completed all of the examinations and been approved, Turing's AI Matching Engine will proactively seek remote US employment that fit your career ambitions and skill set.