5 Software Development Trends in 2024: AI, ML, and Big Data Solutions
What are the latest software development trends in 2024? What is the future of software development? Is there a demand for software developers in the future? What are the software development statistics in 2024?
The software development sector has been booking for years and has remained highly technical and innovative. More and more developers, especially in 2024, are adopting Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI), and big data solutions. Let’s look at the top five software development statistics and trends for 2024.
Employment growth for software developers: Is there a demand for software developers in the future?With the adoption of AI, ML, low-code development platforms, etc., one might think that the demand for software developers will slow down.
But in contrast, the growth in employment opportunities for software developers is expected to remain over 20 percent. As compared to other professions, this number is pretty high.
Lastly, over 1.3 million tech professionals are expected to work in the software development industry in 2024.
Software development statistics in 2024: Building safe applications a priority for companiesSoftware development teams across the globe are focusing on and prioritizing the safety and security of their applications in 2024. A recent study shows that over 30 percent of software development teams have a specialized department for security monitoring and quality assurance. Their department is responsible for:
- Responding to security vulnerability or threats and minimizing the loss.
- Defending enterprise software from malicious codes, coding errors, and encryption failures.
- Running penetration tests, static security analysis (SAST), and configuration audits.
- Ensuring the quality of codes.
Software development statistics in 2024: Most popular programming languages, databases, and cloud platformsA recent survey by StackOverflow revealed interesting insights about the top software development trends.
- Rust remains the most loved programming language, with over 86.73 percent of respondents in favor of the language.
- When it comes to databases, MySQL takes the lead with over 46 percent of the votes.
- AWS remains the most popular cloud platform with over 50 percent share.
- Node.JS and React.JS are the most commonly used web frameworks in the software development industry.
- Docker is the most loved tool, with over 75 percent of respondents voting in favor.
The world is going remote!According to the survey, 42.98 percent of the respondents are working in a fully remote environment. Similarly, 42.44 percent of the respondents have a hybrid work environment. These figures show that organizations worldwide are embracing remote work and its benefits.
Only a small fraction of companies are pushing their employees to work from the office in person. More and more organizations are moving towards hybrid or partial remote work environments.
Turing is one such organization that is fully boundaryless! If you’re looking for a software development job in top US companies, try Turing.
Global talent shortage persists. IT outsourcing is on the rise.As per the survey by McKinsey, over 85 percent of organizations are facing the wrath of a global talent shortage. Here are some stats related to global talent shortage and outsourcing development:
- The number of unfilled positions in the software development industry is expected to reach 85.2 million by 2030.
- Organizations are outsourcing software development to countries like India. The country will witness a CAGR growth of 7.25 percent in IT outsourcing this year.
- The global IT outsourcing market will reach $410.2 billion by 2027.
Deepen your knowledge of AI/ML & Cloud technologies and learn from tech leaders to supercharge your career growth. Attend Turing Data and DevOps Conference
The software development market is expected to grow exponentially in the coming years, and the demand for tech professionals will rise accordingly. The software development industry will see an increasing focus on areas like AI and ML in the future, creating job opportunities for AI and ML engineers globally. Despite these positive trends, the global talent shortage is set to push companies toward IT outsourcing.
Are you a software developer looking for a high-paying remote US job? Try Turing. Visit our Apply for Jobs page now.
- Are software developers in demand in 2024?
Absolutely! Software developers are in high demand worldwide. The employment opportunities for tech professionals are set to grow by over 20 percent in the coming years.
- Is there a shortage of developers?
Yes! With the sudden increase in demand for tech professionals, organizations across the globe are facing a talent shortage. The number of unfilled positions in the software development industry is expected to reach 85.2 million by 2030.
- What are the latest software development trends in 2024?
Latest software development trends in 2023:
- Software development teams across the globe are prioritizing the security of applications.
- Rust remains the most loved programming language.
- AWS is the most sought-after cloud platform in the software industry.
- In 2022, over 1.3 million tech professionals will work in the software development industry.
- The global talent shortage is forcing companies across the globe to outsource their software development.
Introducing TuringGPT – Your Ultimate AI Solution
Discover TuringGPT, the innovative chat app by Turing. Enjoy free access* to the most advanced generative pre-train transformer (GPT) in the world. Boost your creativity, productivity, and efficiency with our user-friendly interface and extensive library of prompt templates.
Free GPT4 access*: Enjoy cutting-edge AI creativity at absolutely no cost.
Deep prompt library: Jump-start conversations with our ever-expanding template library.
Easy output customization: Effortlessly harness the power of AI, regardless of your skill level.
Unlock the power of TuringGPT today.
Join a network of the world's best developers and get long-term remote software jobs with better compensation and career growth.