7 Fastest-Growing Apps in 2022
What are the fastest-growing apps in 2022? What is the most used app in 2022?
Read more to find the answers!
Technology will play a vital role in how employees evaluate employers and how companies find and retain top talent. According to the Adobe Workfront report, 49 percent of U.S. workers said they would leave a company if they were frustrated by their workplace tech.
The app industry is one of the fastest-growing industries out there. The projected total revenue for the app industry is predicted to reach $613,433 million by 2025. Currently, the Android and iOS platforms account for more than seven million apps, and the rise in remote work has only increased the popularity of such apps.
The two most important things for companies to survive in today’s world are seamless employee collaboration and the security of company assets. And the latest business apps help with just that.
Some of the popular, growing apps like Slack, Microsoft Teams, Google Workspace, Zoom, DocuSign, Salesforce, and AWS, have powered the workplace collaboration, communication, and security of the teams. Similarly, apps like Notion, TripActions, Figma, Miro, Postman, etc., have risen exponentially in revenue, unique users, industry, region, and the number of customers in 2022.
Content collaboration and security suites significantly rose during the pandemic and post-pandemic. Okta’s Business at Work 2022 annual report shows a 28 percent year-over-year growth for content collaboration and 31 percent for security tools.
Content collaboration tools were never a part of the growing apps from 2017 to 2019. Still, post-pandemic five collaboration tools like Notion, Figma, Miro, Airtable, and monday.com made it to the top of the fastest-growing apps in the 2022 list.
Below is a list of the seven fastest-growing apps in 2022 analyzed based on the data from Okta’s more than 14,000 global customers.
What is the fastest-growing app in 2022?
NotionNotion is one of the top note-taking and no-code apps. With a whopping 30 million users in 2022, people use Notion for studying, organizing, website building, and more.
Notion is an all-in-all digital workspace connecting teams, tools, and information to execute work and processes faster. The app builds effective collaboration between diverse teams and solves problems unique and common to every team.
Benefits of Notion
- Teams can work collaboratively and transparently with intuitive and connected navigation
A flexible index to navigate information easily
- A powerful tool where daily work and knowledge are found in a single place.
- A variety of company-related content can be created and added, including embeds, images, and lists
- Customization of workflows as per the team requirements with easy drag and drop dashboard
- Global ecosystem of resources and support with several community-made templates, events, and integrations.
- Teams can work collaboratively and transparently with intuitive and connected navigation
TripActionsTripActions is a top-ranked business app providing travel, corporate card, and expense management solution for businesses. This app is a holistic travel management solution through which customers can book, manage, and track complete travel details and expenses. This single-platform solution uses modern technology to provide high-quality services.
Benefits of TripActions
- High-performance travel and spend program can be set up seamlessly
- Businesses can leverage this app to make their employees travel safe and save travel costs for the company
- Enables users’ self-service booking and itinerary management with smart cards for better expense management
- AI-driven personalization provides business-friendly air, car, rail, and lodging inventory to suit the requirements of travelers
- End-to-end visibility of employee spending through comprehensive travel and spend dashboards
- Round the clock support by travel agents connected globally.
PostmanPostman is a developer-friendly API platform that simplifies API lifecycle and streamlines collaboration for teams to create APIs seamlessly. According to G2 reviews, Postman is the leading API platform globally, with over 20 million developers and 5,00,000 organizations using it to build powerful APIs.
- A cloud-based API repository to store and manage all the API artifacts. The repository simplifies, scales, and organizes the entire API lifecycle, be it for a single API or the entire API landscape
- Postman’s comprehensive API tools to expedite the API testing, designing, documentation, replicating, and checking of the performance.
- Advanced intelligence and insights help to identify potential security issues, search APIs, collections, and workspaces instantly
- The deep API insights help improve operational management and understand the utilization of team resources more effectively
- Postman’s public, team, and personal workspaces are designed to share APIs publicly and invite teams to collaborate with API within a workspace.es the workspace
- Postman seamlessly integrates the API development process to the source code by connecting with the repositories
- The multiple CI/CD tools maintain quality across the complete development
- Effective monitoring of the APIs is done with the help of multiple integrations
FigmaFigma is the go-to design tool for simplifying design processes, providing better collaboration across teams, and creating websites, logos, or applications. Figma is a popularly growing app that connects design process team members to deliver quality products efficiently and quickly. Figma is a flexible suite that works on any operating system in a web browser.
Benefits of Figma
- Teams can effectively brainstorm ideas with FigJam
- Create design workflows and processes with easy-to-learn and intuitive designs from the FigJam design libraries
- Create Plugins to augment and automate work
- Enables live collaboration online that connects teams working remotely
- Dynamic design system to improves the design consistency that is accessible across the company
- Team leads can easily monitor the teams work in real-time with the help of a shared file
MiroMiro is an online whiteboard suite for teams to collaborate efficiently and effectively anywhere and anytime. With more than 35 million users, Miro offers an intuitive and engaging experience on the online whiteboard.
Benefits of Miro
- Exceptional tools to conduct creative and interactive workshops
- Engaging online meetings can be held with an in-person experience
- Brainstorming tools for real-time collaboration showcasing the team’s creativity
- Enhances the team’s design thinking abilities with pre-built and easy-to-use templates
- Tools to convert the team’s ideas into actions
- Facilitates strategic and engaging planning sessions for teams to participate from anywhere
KeeperKeeper security is one of the fastest-growing apps that create password management and security software to safeguard businesses and customers from data breaches. Keeper is a reliable and effective security software suite that protects passwords for individuals or organizations.
Benefits of Keeper
- Allows organizations complete security, visibility, and control across every user on any device
- The password management and security platform protects the employees’ passwords that need to be shared
- Easy-to-use and quick-to-deploy solutions for better security and protection of data and systems
AirtableAirtable is an intuitive, user-friendly, robust platform that allows users to create databases faster. Airtable is a modern-era spreadsheet with innovative features and functionalities like customizable field options, integrations, pre-built templates, etc.
Benefits of Airtable
- Unique elements and templates to design a custom interface
- Excellent collaboration tools for users to assign work, share project status, search and share relevant data
- Easy-to-use pre-built templates
- Customization of data allows users to access data in different views like Grid, Kanban, Gnatt view, Calendar, and Form
- Workflow automation saves the users time and optimizes workflow
- Teams can easily track changes on their individual tables for better collaboration.
So, which is your favorite fastest-growing app in 2022?
The seven apps mentioned above are popular and widely used by most organizations to streamline their processes and seamlessly collaborate with the teams, especially in a remote setup.
We’d love to know your choice of the fastest-growing app in 2022. If you are using any of the above-mentioned growing apps for your business or personal use, please share your experience in the comments!
As most companies are adapting to remote work, apps can help developers enhance their creative abilities, improve communication and collaboration with team members, and structure the work better.
Are you looking to hire remote software developers, try Turing. Turing offers customized solutions at every step of your hiring journey. With Turing, you can hire the top 1% from a talent pool of over 1.5 million developers at unbeatable prices in just 3-5 days!
What is the future of app development?According to Statista, mobile app revenue worldwide is expected to reach $613,433 million by 2025. Apps have become an integral part of businesses. The following will be an integral part of app development:
- IoT and cloud computing
- AI, AR, and VR
- Cross-platform development
- 5G technology
Is mobile app development growing?In 2022, there are 6.648 billion smartphone users worldwide. The increasing number of smartphone users year on year proves that mobile app development is one of the fastest-growing industries. Most businesses have an app presence to attract targeted customers.
Key growth indicators for the mobile app development are:
- Better communication
- The rise in internet penetration
- The increasing popularity of mobile games
- Advanced features
Tell us the skills you need and we'll find the best developer for you in days, not weeks.